Shop Floor control options

bigwoodsbigwoods Member Posts: 7
I'm wondering what people are using for Shop Floor control. I'm looking to track employee time to a production order as well as raw material consumption. Interface needs to be easy to use with minimal entry necessary. Are you using the Production Journal or a simplified version? Looked at some VAR options and they are expensive ($50,000+). Thanks.

Comments

• j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
    just develop or create or establish a data generator and/or data collector program, can be on excel, access, mysql, anything.
    incorporate proximity ( :?: $1 per card), rfid ($ 0.6 upto $3 per tag), barcode (print yourself), sensor (vary), etc for the products / material.
    use button, or knob, or any on-off / start-end counter hook these to a control panel, for workers. you can incorporate the rfid and reader gate also.

then build a dataport for import to item journal line, for consumption journal, capacity output journal and production output journal. generate delimited file from data collector programs.

when you import from dataport, you will only need to post the consumption, capacity, or output journal.

good luck
    Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo