Reclosing Fiscal Year

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
So after closing the fiscal year, we had to make some adjustments to the G/L... now that we're reclosing it looks like all the original entries are coming in again when I close the income statement.... is this right? It doesn't seem like we'd want to make all the entries again, just the new ones. Ideas?
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    djswim wrote:
    So after closing the fiscal year, we had to make some adjustments to the G/L... now that we're reclosing it looks like all the original entries are coming in again when I close the income statement.... is this right? It doesn't seem like we'd want to make all the entries again, just the new ones. Ideas?

Check the dates. I have seen this happen often, and its always been a user issue, dates being one of the more common one. Another classic is creating two journals, and posting them both. And even more obvious and easy to miss, is creating the journal and forgetting to post it. Oh one more I remember seeing, is selecting different dimensions.
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    djswim wrote:

Things to check:
    1. Your dates as David suggested
    2. The original close journal was properly posted

You may also want to check G/L Balance by Dimension to see if your income statement is properly at for the end of the fiscal year.
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    djswim wrote:

Only new (unposted) entries should appear on your general journal.