Move from V4 SP1 to SP3

ajmalsherifajmalsherif Member Posts: 111
Hi

are only code units between 1-50000 effected by SP2 and 3? Is it the case then that customisation by a re-seller shouldn't
matter when going to SP3 as they affect code units >50000?

Also:

-what are the different ranges, for instance Cronus shows code units 1-702 and then 5050-8604 etc
What range should customisation normally have?
-can one go syrainght to Sp3 or will Sp2 need to be done first?
-David (i think) previously mentioned Waldo's blog as a useful link - any one have the link?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Only standard object that are custoized (1..49999) have to be merged between the old and the new version.
    (for Merge, i intend manually port the changes done by the customizations to the new version of the object)
    object created by developers normally have number 50000..99999, but there can be other available numbers due to the fact that there are add-ons developed by your company.
    where are you migrating from?
    4.00? if so, you can do it in one step...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • ajmalsherifajmalsherif Member Posts: 111
    Thanks...We are migrating from V4 SP1. Do you know if there is a document which describes the hotfixes available in SP2 and SP3
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    It's not always that straightforward though. If a codeunit in the 50000 range calls functions in the base product that have changed between versions, then that codeunit will need to be updated as well.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi

are only code units between 1-50000 effected by SP2 and 3? Is it the case then that customisation by a re-seller shouldn't
    matter when going to SP3 as they affect code units >50000?

Also:

-what are the different ranges, for instance Cronus shows code units 1-702 and then 5050-8604 etc
    What range should customisation normally have?
    -can one go syrainght to Sp3 or will Sp2 need to be done first?
    -David (i think) previously mentioned Waldo's blog as a useful link - any one have the link?

Thanks in advance

No, I mentioned Waldos blog in reference to the TECHNICAL upgrade not the object upgrade.

Platform updates overview - 3.70.B - NAV2009 CTP4 - Waldo's Blog Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Also you are very much oversimplifying the upgrade process, the correct answer to the rest of your questions is NO, there is a lot more to it than that. You have completely forgotten objects >99,999
    David Singleton