problem with filtering in NAV 5.0 SP1 - SQL option

DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
Hi
We upgraded customer's DB from 4.0 SQL to 5.0 SP1 SQL. DB works fine, but we encountered problem with filtering.
User runs Item list, he sets filter to field No. and filter behaves really strange - there are some records, but not all, which should be in filter - for example, we set filter to 501*, there are 20 records with 501, but only 5 records are shown
there are no additional filters set on item list.
in addition, when user tries to move in filtered list using page up/down or using cursor key up and down, no of records in filter decreases, after few moves in list, there are no records.

Thanks for ideas, how to fix it.
Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    What happens when you debug it?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Are you sure there are no filters that were set through code using FILTERGROUP that you cannot remove. When you set these they are not displayed in the filters list.

No Security Filters in the permissions? Like they are only allowed to see Item Category = 'XYZ'.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) You can try to use SQL Profiler to see what is going on between NAV and SQL and to see real filter sent to the SQL.
    2) Check code in the form triggers like OnGetRecord etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    there is no code (except standard code) in OnAfterGetRecord (on Item List)

this behavior is not only in item list form, but in other list - every table behaves so strangely. for example, in Location, i'll set filter MT* to Code field and filtering is not correct.
    this happens even if iľl try to run table (not form).

I'll try to run SQL profiler
  • DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    this issue is solved in Update 1 for NAV 5.0 SP1 (KB956161)
    I requested it from MS support, tested it and it works fine.