Report 120 - Aged Accounts Receivable Bug?

pmusupmusu Member Posts: 55
:bug: ?

Our client has encountered a problem in this report. In a partial payment Invoice/Credit Memo, the "Remaining Balance (LCY.)" is not being displayed.

E.g. payment of $100, they pay $75. Instead of $75, $100 is being displayed in the Aged Accounts Receivable report which does not match the Customer Statement.

The full amount is shown.
After debugging, I found that the following line of code is causing the possible error.
    CustLedgEntryEndingDate."Remaining Amount" :=
      CustLedgEntryEndingDate."Remaining Amount" + DetailedCustomerLedgerEntry.Amount;
    CustLedgEntryEndingDate."Remaining Amt. (LCY)" :=
      CustLedgEntryEndingDate."Remaining Amt. (LCY)" + DetailedCustomerLedgerEntry."Amount (LCY)";

The result is that with partial payments, the full amount is being displayed.
Did anyone else encounter this problem?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    sounds like a date issue to me - say you post the payment on the 2nd of the month but the statement is run using the date thru only the 1st, according to the report the payment has not been made yet.

same thing with the aging report. if run the aging using an aging date before the payment date the payment will not show.
  • pmusupmusu Member Posts: 55
    Savatage wrote:
    sounds like a date issue to me - say you post the payment on the 2nd of the month but the statement is run using the date thru only the 1st, according to the report the payment has not been made yet.

same thing with the aging report. if run the aging using an aging date before the payment date the payment will not show.

Thanks for the reply.
    The date filters we are using are correct. The problem is that the "remaining amt." is showing as $100 even if we had paid $75.
    It should show $25.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So to humour us - what were the dates involved?

There was an issue in an early release of 4 from memory, but a hot fix resolved it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • pmusupmusu Member Posts: 55
    Sorry for the delay: Here is the update:

There is an updated version of the report which solves the problem provided by Microsoft support. The good thing is that the bug is fixed.