Options

Employee Portal Error 10114

luismi16luismi16 Member Posts: 3
edited 2008-10-27 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi!

I have problems with the webparts EP, becase when I try to configure one I always obtain the error:
Communication error (10114): No reply received from Back End System (Time Out).

I have two servers, one with Navision Server and NAS, and the other with Sharepoint.

I think there's something wrong with the queues because always remains a message in the reply queue from the NAS machine.

The configuration of the machines is the following:

Navision Server and NAS machine:
    Name: JCYLFSA002
    IP: 10.17.73.25
    NAS configuration:

The user that runs NAS service is GESTION\Shapoipo, and is admin of the machine and has the SUPER rol in Navision.
    Queues configuration in Navision:

Request queue: .\private$\nep_request_queue
Reply queue: .\private$\nep_reply_queue

Sharepointmachine:
    Name: JCYLSP0101
    IP: 10.16.137.197
    Navision Key Exchange Service is running in this machine and is runned by GESTION\Shapoipo, who is admin of this machine, too.
    Block of the web.config fle, refering the EP

<appSettings>
<add key="AdministratorUserCEEI" value="shapoipo" />
<add key="AdministratorDomainCEEI" value="gestion" />
<add key="AdministratorPassCEEI" value="CDgNXcohSXNruGCQg5tRwDbpm34E25w/G5XC3vKA+mA=" />
<add key="PictureUnavailable" value="/_layouts/images/picture_unavailable.gif" />
<add key="LookUpImage" value="/_layouts/images/lookup.gif" />
<add key="PictureLinkImage" value="/_layouts/images/pictindicator.gif" />
<add key="UseEncryption" value="0" />
<add key="UseCompression" value="0" />
<add key="UseDebug" value="0" />
<add key="DebugPath" value="" />
<add key="JobQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:JCYLFSA002\private$\nep_request_queue" />
<add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:JCYLFSA002\private$\nep_reply_queue" />
<add key="MessageTimeOut" value="120" />
<add key="WaitForReplyTimeOut" value="60" />
</appSettings>

In the Event Viewer, sometimes (noy always) appears this error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Navision Employee Portal
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10120
Date: 23/10/2008
Time: 11:37:09
User: N/A
Computer: JCYLSP0101
Description:
Unable to read from reply queue. FormatName:DIRECT=OS:JCYLFSA002\private$\nep_reply_queue

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I've tried many different configurations, but always with the same error.

Please, could somebody help me!!!!!

Thank you in advance

Luis M.

Answers

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi Luis,

thanks for the detailed configuration info, that helps a lot.

You have to split the queues which means you have to have the Request (AKA Job) Queue on the NAS machine (which you currently have) and you should have the reply queue on the sharepoint server (which you do not have).
    Why? Because Remote Reading (which SharePoint has to do because SharePoint looks for the reply message) is a 1000 times slower and can cause more permission related issues than having it locally.

Therefore:
    1. Create the reply queue on the sharepoint machine (and please check if you have installed MSMQ ;-)
    2. Give the queue the required permissions (ANONYMOUS user as well as the user with whom the SharePoint web application is running should have Full access, for the first try it is easier to give ANONYMOUS and EVERYONE full access).
    3. Change the web.config from
    <add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:JCYLFSA002\private$\nep_reply_queue" />
    to
    <add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:.\private$\nep_reply_queue" />
    4. Change the config in NAV from
    .\private$\nep_reply_queue
    to
    FORMATNAME:DIRECT=TCP:10.16.137.197\private$\nep_reply_queue

Restart the IIS and restart the NAS service and try again.

HTH,

Rainer
  • Options
    luismi16luismi16 Member Posts: 3
    Yessssss!!!!! It works!!!!

I think I've tried this configuration previously but the permissions where wrong.

Thank you very very much for your help