Inventory valuation report

srvaidya.63srvaidya.63 Member Posts: 21
Dear All,

I created a released production order,posted production journal for it, changed the status to finshed, and run the Adjust cost-item entries & Post inventory cost to G/L batch jobs.I have checked that on the finished production order a tick mark is present in the column Completely Invoiced.

When I took the report Inventory valuation - WIP,I got zero amount in Cost posted to G/L.What could be the reason?

When I took the report for a finished production order for Bicycle (prod. order nos. 1011002 & 1011003) (Item No. 1000) there was this amount present.

Please explain & help.

Regards,
S.R.Vaidya.

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Why would the items be in WIP when you finished the production order?
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Namaste!

When you post the output and consumption, value is posted to WIP account.
    When Prod. Order is finished and "Adjust Cost- Item Entries" batch job is run, Prod. Order
    gets invoiced and value gets transferred from WIP to Finished Goods account.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi, all

Can we change the inventory valuation report to calculate Inventory Value based on 'Last Direct Cost' instead of 'Cost Amount (Actual)'...?

i.e. will it be right according to the functional point of view?

Please Reply. Thanks in Adv.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    How it is possible Mr . Ravi.

If u go through the Inventory Vluation Based on the Last direct cost your INventoyr valuation willl be wrong.

Here I will give one example.

Date Item Qty Rate
    1/10/08 Pen 1 100
    2/10/08 Pen 1 200
    3/10/08 Pen 1 300

For exaple if u run the report for your inventory valuation on 4/10/08 for the item = Pen
    Value = 600. So this is the correct value.

If u consider the Last direct cost based on The date 3/10/08 , Your inventory Vluation is 900 . Is it correct
    reema
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    And how will you ever reconcile the inventory valuation to the general ledger?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi, all,

Thanks for your most vauable replies.
    I understood the whole scenario. And concluded that it can't be possible at functional point.

Thanks.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com