how to Show Data in Record variable in table box or Matrix b

kavin6kavin6 Member Posts: 15
Dear all,

Please teach me how to show records in a record variable in Table box or Matrix box?.

thanks

Regards,

kavin

Comments

• TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Tablebox or Matrix box?

They are two VERY different kettle of fish.

And when you say "record variable" I am assuming you mean like a Temporary table? Cause if not you should be using SourceTable in a form.

And if you need Parent-child setup you should use a subform not a Variable in C/AL Globals.

T
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be better will be to read some basic manuals for developers like Application Designer Guide etc. For me the source of this question is that you miss basic knowledge about the system... (or may be I just didn't understand your question correctly). Try to give us some example with what you have problem and than the help will be much quicker... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kavin6kavin6 Member Posts: 15
    I meant Record varible that we declare in C/AL Globals.

My actual requirement is in one form i will select the customer based on the customer selected i need to show help form which lists all the invoices made for that customer for the item which has serial nos. I am not able to apply the conditions. so i tried this way.

hope this clarifies you. Please tell me if I create blank form with table box and drop textbox control in it and create one C/Al Globals Record variable for item ledger entry table and assign the Source Expr attribute of textbox to this Recordvariable.fieldname then will it show the data. I tried it is blank do i need to set any other attribute?

thanks in advance.

l
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you want to show something in the table box, the form still must be based on some table. In NAV 5.0+ it can be some temporary table (new property), but the table is used to make the "template" for the Rec variable. Which records and values are displayed than is derived from the Rec variable and you can "overload" the values from another records. But the Rec must have correct record count and must be somehow related to the records you want to show. It means best is to fill some temporary table with the records you want to display and display them. How to use temporary table to display the values on the form you can find in HowTo's. In NAV 5.0 it is all much easier now...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    kine wrote:
    In NAV 5.0 it is all much easier now...

I've still not learnt the new way.

Just happy with the old fashioned way.

If the wheels not broken... (This is where someone tells me the advantages of the new way with form properties)

T
  • kavin6kavin6 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks. I will try and tell you.