Dev Tool Kit - Where Used

grouicgrouic Member Posts: 34
Hello,

Here is my first post on the forum ! (but not the last I can bet ;) )

I'm using the Developers tool kit to identify unused objects, so I'm using the "where used" tool.

I just wanted to warn that it can be "dangerous" in some cases. For eg, I want to know if the Table 50072 is used or not. The "Where Used" tool give me the objects using this table (Form, etc ...).
But if this table is used as a "Table Relation" in another table, it is not in the result ! Because the table relation value is not the table number, but the table name .....

Any opinion ?

Grouic

Comments

• BBlueBBlue Member Posts: 90
    To show the fields from current table that have relations to other tables there is the function "Relation to tables" in Dev. Toolkit.
    //Bogdan
  • Dirk.FischerDirk.Fischer Member Posts: 11
    Another possibility is to set the "Where Used"-Options to also search for table relations etc.
    But warning: This will be awfully slow!
  • grouicgrouic Member Posts: 34
    Dirk, I tried with the special option "Table Relation" (in fact I put set all :D, and went to have a coffee :D). The table was not in the result. I exported a table as a txt file, and the table relation is only referenced with the table name. I guess that's why it doesn't appear in the result.
  • grouicgrouic Member Posts: 34
    BBlue,

In fact the "Relations from Objects" gives the info.

Thx anyway