Error while Posting Production Journal

tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
Hi,

In the production Journal when i try to post i get the error at my output line that:

Serial Number is required for Item No. xxxx

How should this Serial Number get filled in this Item Journal Line?

I've set the following Properties on the Item Card:
"Item Tracking Code"
"Serial Nos"
"Lot Nos"

Something else that i am missing?

What i'm trying to reach at the end is that when you create for example 10KG of Item 123 through the production
And then after production has finished and you try to sell 10KG of Item 123 that you have to fill in the corresponding
Code of the Finished production Order.

So that the 10KG that is going to be sold is the 10 KG created through the Production Order.

Answers

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You need to define teh item tracking lines to tell teh system the serial/lot numbe you are creating. Not sure from your description if this is the creation or consumption, either way you have to tell teh system the tracking code
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    here are the ways:

1) You can add the serial/lot no. on the production order through - Line - Item tracking for each line on the order for which the tracking is enabled.

or

2) You can define the serial/lot no. in the Output journal through - Line -Item tracking

Or you can do some customization which will assign the PO no. as lot no. when the Prod. Order is created (planned, refreshed, status changed or some other "Trigger" which will assign the tracking on the PO after all lines were created)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
    thanks, i still had to assign the tracking line on the production journal...

Works fine now, thanks