Currency Culture

cylcyl Member Posts: 9
Is anyone have some idea about how to setup french currency and display as DH?

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    What do you mean by DH?
  • cylcyl Member Posts: 9
    You know, the dollor can be displayed as "$". We used French currency and want to display the symbol as "DH". Is there any standard function in Navision? The version we used is W1 5.0
    I am guessing that you mean on your reports. There is no setting that you can change that will take effect everywhere. So it has to be changed on the actual report itself. If it is an additional currency it will show in the upper corner of the report what currency it is printing in and when it is in your native currency it is blank.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

:-k I though the french currency is Euro symbol € or am I missing something.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    I am using W1 and it still shows the $ symbol... I haven't been in a system that has the Euro print out on reports. Either way, there isn't a way to switch it from the native symbol to the text characters "DH" before the values.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you sure that it is W1 and not US (NA) version? I never saw $ in W1...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    I don't know if this is what you mean but you can fill an LCY code on the Default tab of the General Ledger Setup, this is the code (it can be ad $ or € too) that will be used in all reports where the LCY code needs to be shown.
    kine wrote:

I was sure, until you said something and now I can't find it. :oops:

'mart1n0': I can't find an example of where that's changing anything.

What I SHOULD have said is: Most reports in the system do not have any symbol or indication mark at all, just numbers. If a currency is used other than LCY, it will display on the top of the report. Otherwise, it has to be added to each report you want it on.
  • cylcyl Member Posts: 9
    Yeah, it's W1 not US version. I knew there is a symbol field in the US version.

I just have a communication with customer. They agreed to customized this stuff.

However, thanks you guys reponse!!! :D Have a nice day!

Regards,

CYL
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    AlexWiley wrote:
    kine wrote:

I was sure, until you said something and now I can't find it. :oops:

'mart1n0': I can't find an example of where that's changing anything.

What I SHOULD have said is: Most reports in the system do not have any symbol or indication mark at all, just numbers. If a currency is used other than LCY, it will display on the top of the report. Otherwise, it has to be added to each report you want it on.

This only displays when you print Test Reports.