Item Reservation

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Dear All,

How can we see the quantity at a sales locaton or warehouse minus the reserved quantity? Currently As standard navision it shows the inventory inluding the reserveed quantity. For example I have 10 qty at a location and I reserved 2 pcs than the remaining quanity at the location should be 8 rather than 10 but as standard navsion it still shows quantity as 10 which makes confusion for sales people at POS or on web.

Any Idea to meet the abaove scenerio?

regards
Sajid

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just subtract the "reserved quantity" when displaying the inventory quantity.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    This is very obvious that the balance should be after subtracting the reserved qty but where to do this subtraction and how to release it to ship?
    Which process which object what should be the code?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This is very obvious that the balance should be after subtracting the reserved qty but where to do this subtraction and how to release it to ship?
    Which process which object what should be the code?

It depends on when and how this information is used. You didn't give us enough information in this. And I think that this is problem of some consultant who must know when and how to do that in the specific case. Each customer is using the system differently... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.