Customer Invoice Address

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

This seems like a really trivial thing to do but I'm stuck as to the best way to setup customers who have a different invoice address. I want to have the option to record another address which is purely to go on the invoice (Bill-to address). Is the only way to do this to setup another customer card and fill in the 'Bill-to Customer No.' ? It seems a bit of an overkill to have 2 sales ledger accounts just to acheive this. This would also be confusing to my client as the sales order team would have to always use a different account no. to the accounts receivable dept.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I think when you use a different bill-to, the outstanding balance only shows up in the bill-to customer's account, not in the sell-to. If in your case sending the bill to a different address is still tied to the same customer, and only has a different address on the invoice, I'd probably try something similar to ship-to addresses. Maybe your bill always goes to the same address as the shipment, in which case it's just a matter of displaying the ship-to address on the invoice report.

It really depends on what the exact, complete requirement is as to what you can do about it.