Intercompany Postings Setup for Existing Customer

MDVENTMDVENT Member Posts: 2
Whne attempting to assign an IC Partner code to an existing customer, recieve error message "Reconciling IC transactions might be difficult because customer has Ledger Entries that are not closed."
When I pass through that warning, I recieve "You cannot change IC Partner code for this customer because of open ledger entries."
Any advice on the best way to approach this issue? We are using 3.7 and plan to implement ICP as part of a 5.0 upgrade in a few months.
MFG & ERP

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Ha! I never saw that before. The second error message should say "Too bad!" :P

Well, the first thing I would do is hold off on creating new open AR items for the customer, reconcile with them completely, then assign the code. That would be easiest.

Your other options, which are not as preferable, are:

1) Wait until the end of your fiscal year, after the fiscal year with the open entries is closed you can add the IC code. You would probably want to test this to make sure nothing gets funky.

2) If IC functionality is needed immediately and you have a limited number of IC partners who are customer, you could create new customer cards for them and process all new transactions through the new customer while slowly reconciling out the open items on the old customer card. If you made sure to combine the new and old customer information when reporting you could still have good current values for everything.