Printing prepayment invoices in NAV 5.0

David_MeyerDavid_Meyer Member Posts: 2
I went to print an invoice after having issued a prepayment invoice, paying the prepayment invoice, shipping and posting the sales order. I ran into a problem. It wouldn’t let me print the invoice because the system was looking for a tax group. This would normally be a part of the item and was set up. The sales order has this information but the GL entry that is generated as a part of the prepayment does not grab this information. When the invoice is posted the GL entry which reverses the prepayment posting to the customer deposit account is attached to the posted sales invoice. When we try to print the invoice the system goes and looks for this tax group on the GL entry and can’t find it so it won’t print. It seems odd that the system will let you post an invoice but you don’t find out there is a problem until you try to print the invoice. So you’ve got an invoice in the system but you can actually send your customer an invoice to pay.
I was then looking at an earlier part of the prepayment process, when I produced a prepayment invoice I tried to post and print it at the same time. When I tried to do this I got the following error message: “There is no Tax Area Line within the filter. Filters: Tax Area: “ “. Interestingly this was only a problem if I wanted to print and post together. If I just tried to post I did not get an error.
Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

David