Bin Contents / Open Warehouse Entries

AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
I need to be able to see the seial numbers or an item that are currently within a bin. The ideal solution would be to use the Bin contents screen which shows the currently available quantity and then drill-down in the warehouse entries to see the list of serial numbers. Unfortunately this view shows all entries and not just open entries. Unlike the Item Ledger Entry table there is no 'Open' or 'remaining quantity' field to filter on. It is a big limitation not being unable to view or clearly see which warehouse entries are current.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to this issue?

Comments

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Couldn't you add a filter on your drill down form to only show lines with (the flowfield) quantity > 0?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Unfortunately, the Warehouse Entry does not have Open or Close. It just accommulates the quantity as they come in and out.

You can use the Navigate feature to Navigate on the serial number to see all the Ins and Outs of a particular serial number.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Is there not a qunatity associated with each unique serial number? If that is the case - a sum og quantity > 0 would show you whether that warehouse/bin/serial number was present. It would not show any reservations though (from that table).
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Yes, the only issue is that it's way to slow.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    Thanks for the responses.

Navigate works fine if you know the serial number and want to track where it is, however it becomes cumbersome if you want to work the other way and get a list of all the serial numbers that reside within a particular bin. Starting to look like it may not be a simple modification..
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    One easy way I can suggest for serial no on warehouse is this.

Use the serial No info table. Add a new field called Available, and "Last Bin Code"
    Modify whse. journal Posting process as follows.
    If (whseJnl."serial No." <> ' ') AND IS NOT ADJUSTMENTBIN then begin
      if not SNInfo.get(whseJnl."serial No.") then begin
        clear(SNInfo);
        SNInfo."No." := whseJnl."serial No.";
        if whseJnl.Quantity > 0 then begin
           SNInfo."Available" := true;
           SNInfo."Last Bin Code" := whseJnl."Bin Code";
         end;
         SNInfo.insert;
     end else begin
       if whseJnl.Quantity > 0 then begin
           SNInfo."Available" := true;
           SNInfo."Last Bin Code" := whseJnl."Bin Code";
         end else begin
          SNInfo."Available" := false;
           SNInfo."Last Bin Code" :='';
      end;
         SNInfo.modify;
      end;
    end;

Basically the code above will update SNInfo based on qty of whse journal.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Hi,

I find that if one item is located in Bin 1 and also in Bin 2 with serial number entries for example in bin 1 I have item A qty 25 with serial number 1 to 25 and in Bin 2 I have same item qty 25 again from 26 to 50 serial numbers. When I make transfer of this item from bin 1 with serial no 50 it accepts also this serial number was in bin 2 and it allowed me to transfer this is very strange. And again when I do transfer of same serial number from the right bin it again transfer the item and the qty become 2 with same serial number this is so weired.

Can any one have any idea to solve this or any one faced the same problem?

regards
    Sajid