Req. Worksheet - Reservation

dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
Working with NAV 4.0 sp3 SQL2005

Hi,

Our customer want to do the following when ordening items for production.
    1) Create Sales Order --> OK 2) Run Orderplanning Form to see what orders there are and what needs to be purchased --> OK 3) Create orders or Production orders from the lines in the Orderplanning --> OK 4) They will move all item purchases to the Req. Worksheet --> OK 5) They bundle the quantity of the same items or change it to get a better overal price and create purchase Orders --> OK 6) When the items arrive and are received, they want the items to automatically be reserved for the original Sales or Purchase orders. --> NO RESERVATION

No automatic reservation in this case means the items are available for other orders, and that is not what they want. On every Item the Reserve Always flag is set. If we create purchase orders directly from the orderplanning, everything works correctly, but then they cannot bundle there purchases !!

Now I think that onces items are put in Req. Worksheet, they lose the link to there original Sales or Production order what is also a little logical but not wanted by the customer.

Is there a way in standard NAV to combine the purchase of items so we have 1 purchase order for, lets say 1000 Items and once they arrive they are reserved on the original demand orders (100 on Production order X, 400 on Production order Y, 100 on Sales order Z, and the rest is put in the inventory ?!

What about planning Worksheet, does this have this capability ?

I was thinking of customizing the Req. Worksheet so that if the lines are created from Orderplanning extra details are kept in an extra table from where xx number of items are comming from. These details are then also linked to the purchase order created from the Req. Line so when the items arrive, automatic reservation can be done because we know the quantity used for the differend demand orders (Production or Sales,...) But this is a LOT of work to be done. And the customer wants it done yesterday #-o

So I realy hope I can accomplisch this with standard NAV functionality. [-o<

Hope you can help me out here !
Thanks
Danny

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Are you using lots of serial numbers?

Because if you are not the specific tracking of orders into a bundle becomes slightly irrelevant. The system wants you to hold them separately to maintain the reservation and tracking, you want to bundle them for effective ordering, but the two contradict each other in how the system can then track and reserve items.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
    AdamRoue, Thank for your reply.

You make an exelent point here =D> that could simplify the solution. They (currently) don't use serial numbers so maybe instead of tracking the number of items that each order needed in Req. Worksheet. I could do the following when items are received:
    1) Check for any production order or sales order that has this item and the quantity needed is > quantity currenly reserved. Production order needs to have some state as Firm Planned or Released, maybe some other properties.
    2) Only purchase orders that where originating from a production order by flaging a boolean are processed and items are automatically reserved on the production orders.

No need for complex detail tracking \:D/

We would reserve items on the production order that need to be finished earliest first, so those can be started in production.

Maybe there are a few drawbacks, but the implementation is a lot easier than the first Idea.

Hope you can give me some feedback on the new idea ?!

Thanks
    Danny
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It would make the backwards tracking to the purchase order easier.

Not sure on the need for the modification to check but if you want to slicken the process no issue.

Not sure I know enough to be fully confident, but if you like the idea at least investigate it furher!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen