1 PBOM with 4 Finish Goods

Ah_KitAh_Kit Member Posts: 24
Normally, one PBOM contains of the raw maetrial/ components ( receipes) for the finish good--> Simple said that 1 PBOM to 1 Finish good.

Any idea about 1 PBOM to 4 Finish good ?
Mean that, 1 PBOM will reporting output 4 finish good.( different FG) :)

Anybody can help me on the above requirement ? what is the settings?

:):):)

Best Regards
Squid

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009 (formerly NAV 5.1/'6.0')' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Set the BOM to contain negative components - check your costing though.

Why do you want to do this, is it a co/by product environment, or are you time saving?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can use Families for production of more products in one prod. order, but there are limitations (which can be solved). Using that is good case from case, sometime it is good, sometime it is not...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Ah_KitAh_Kit Member Posts: 24
    Adam,

Thanks,I had tested the solution and the consumption journal will generate + quantity for Finish Goods.

Regards
    Squid
  • Ah_KitAh_Kit Member Posts: 24
    Hi Kine,

How do use the Families handle such requirement ??

1 PBOM to 4 finish goods ?? Can guide me ?

Thank you.

Squid
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    4 finished goods, 4 pboms for each one,with same components, with correct quantity. If you produce this family, it will produce 4 finished goods and consume correct components. It means each pbom from these 4 pboms will be 1/4 of your "shared pbom". Just math... ;-)

consuming 1 sheet of metal to produce 1 product A, 1 product B and 1 product C is same like consuming 0,3333 of sheet to produce 1xA, 0,3333 of sheet to produce 1xB and 0,3334 of sheet to produce 1xC.

1->1xA,1xB,1xC
    0.3333, 0.3333, 0.3334 -> 1xA, 1xB, 1xC

still same thing, you just need to get rid of the rounding and this can be done too...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.