location authority

trancutrancu Member Posts: 85
Hello!

Is there a way to give one person the authority for posting the location "A" and an other person to post the location "B"?
Both person must have the "READ"-authority for location "A" and "B".

Thank you!

best Regards

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you are using only the standard warehouse (without the WMS) system, than no by standard. Customization is possible, but what about transfers between A and B? It will be done by another user or by user A or B? If yes, they need to "post" to both locations in this case (when no transfer order is used...).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Sorry, but with the defaul Ware House Mgmt. this is not possible.
    If you need this you mus develop this self (new Table, new Form, added Code on CU22).
    But as kine said, you must know what you need and how to handle transfers. Are posts with a BLANK Location Code available or is the disabled?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • trancutrancu Member Posts: 85
    Hello kine!
    Hello garak!

Thank you for your answers.
    No one should have the authority for both location "A" and "B" at the same time.
    We will never have to transfer something from A to B.

Is there a way to authorize a person only for one location?

Regards
    It is "easy" customization for someone, who knows how to do it. May be best is to add this check into CU 21. Just add some setup table where you can assign the user to the location and check this in the CU 21. But for this you need Solution Developer license or be a partner... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • trancutrancu Member Posts: 85
    Hello kine!

Is there no standard way to do this?
    There is Table called "Warehouse Employee". Which use do this Table have?

Regards
    To be able to use that table, you need to use whole Warehouse Management module, which is too huge and complicated to use it just only because this...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.