Licensing a granule from another country

navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
Hi,

A customer wants to use a payment Add-on from another country (LSV module for Germany). To implement this module, we have to license the granule 5'001'910. This granule is available on the NAV pricelist for germany.

This is the first time we make this, so I have 2 short questions:
1. Where can I get a list, or how can I find out, wihch objects this granule contains ?
2. Can we implement this additional objects with the same numbers (object id's) on the NAV installation of our customer or do we have to implement this object's with other numbers (50000 .... ) ?

navvy
navvy
Freelance Developer

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ask the partner who is selling this add-on, if they will sell you this granule or ask them for assistance with implementing the add-on in another country. Moving the objects into different range will be break of Copyright and license agreement...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
    hi kine,

Thanks for your answer.

Microsoft sent us the whitepaper "DynamicsNAVCrossversionLicensingProzess_DE.pdf" and told us that:
    1. we have to buy a full BE license of NAV DE (Germany)
    2. buy a license for the granule 5'001'910
    3. renumbering all objects to the 50000 range of our NAV installation (Switzerland)
    ....that's the process because granule 5'001'910 is a "local functionality" of NAV Germany (statement Microsoft)
    Ask the partner who is selling this add-on, if they will sell you this granule or ask them for assistance with implementing the add-on in another country.
    Question: How can I find this partner, ask EOC or is there an add-on list / directory ?
    navvy
    Freelance Developer
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I thought Switzerland was in the same localization as Germany, so you should be able to simply purchase that granule and have it added to your license. Check with Microsoft on this.
  • navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
    Check with Microsoft on this.
    I have asked our PAM and several other persons at Microsoft Switzerland, but we only received the answer I wrote in my last post..... I will ask the EOC now... :-k
    navvy
    Freelance Developer
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    DenSter wrote:
    I thought Switzerland was in the same localization as Germany, so you should be able to simply purchase that granule and have it added to your license. Check with Microsoft on this.

That was my first read as well, but I think that this is a Swiss company with a client in Belgium.

I think that since its an add-on, the issue will come down to the ISV. So I would make an effort to find them and ask them directly if they can help you resolve this. I am sure they want to sell the Add-On.
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    If it's a German ISV add-on that needs to be added to a customer in Belgium then the ISV first has to release their add-on for that country, so that's where you have to start. Then there's the issue of reserved numbers for different country add-ons. I know it's possible, because at my old job we had a number of verticals that were developed in Germany added to all the other country licenses where it was sold.

It takes FOREVER to get it right, so be patient :mrgreen:
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    The granule "Zahlungsverkehr - Diskettenclearing / Automatische Bankauszüge" is in the german Add-On Database.
    Here the german description for this
    Das Modul umfasst alle Funktionalitäten zur Abwicklung des Inlandszahlungsverkehrs. Alle Zahlungen,
    Rechnungen und Gutschriften, die als offene Posten gebucht wurden, können automatisiert ausgeglichen
    werden. Es besteht die Möglichkeit, alle inländischen Kreditoren per Zahlung und die inländischen Debitoren
    sowohl per Lastschriftverfahren als auch per Zahlung (bei Gutschriften) in das Diskettenclearing einzubeziehen
    (Debitor Lastschrift, Debitor Zahlung, Kreditor Zahlung). Mit Hilfe von Parametern kann die Anzahl der Posten
    (Zahlungen, Rechnungen oder Gutschriften) festgelegt werden, ab der an den Kreditor oder Debitor ein
    einziger Überweisungsauftrag bzw. Lastschriftauftrag herausgeht. Es ist in diesem Zusammenhang möglich, ein
    Zahlungs- oder Lastschriftenavis auszudrucken, das den Kontoinhaber darüber informiert, welche Belege mit
    dem Vorgang ausgeglichen wurden. Die Erweiterung um den Bankkontenausgleich steht ab dem zweiten Schritt
    zur Verfügung. Disketten und die dazu gehörenden Begleitzettel können wiederholt hergestellt werden, z. B.
    wenn eine schadhafte Diskette vom Kreditinstitut zurückgewiesen wurde. Die Funktionalitäten zur
    automatischen Übernahme und Buchung von Auszügen der Kreditinstitute sind enthalten.

Here is a link to the
    AddOn (5.01)
    Zahlungsverkehr has the VersionID "AR".

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!