FIXED ASSESTS TRACK

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi,
This is the company which is going to start production. To start production that company needs machines.
When it comes to machines company follow two methods.
1. Directly purchase that total Machine from vendor and use that machine.
2. Purchase components of machine from vendors and with componenets ( Motor, Oil tank,Boiler) , to make a Machine.
Daily some subassemble parts will give to engineers in their plant to make a machine.by doing like this they can reduce the machine cost.
When it comes to first process there is no problem.

But when it comes to second process how to do in Navision.
How to define that components ?
Do I need to define as item or Fixed asstes ?
What is the best method to define that items ?
How to issue that material to engineers to make machine ?

People u already rock in advance.

Kindly help me .
hansika

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You cannot transfer an item into FA.
    If you want to purchase small parts as assets then you can do, and finally when all the subassemblies are purchases, you can create a new master FA (Machine) and then post an FA Reclass Journal to reduce the smaller assets and build the master asset.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanks Deep,

For example to make a machine , it needs 100 components .
    They purchased 100 components. They don’t issue 100 components to engineers directly , company will issue gradually that means according to enginer plan .
    So after purchase that components how can I issue that material to engineers.
    How to track that inventory
    hansika
    This depends on the business scenario.

Scenario 1:
    Your client produces machines, i.e. deals in machines.
    In this case, you can simply use Items for parts. It will run like normal manufacturing. Machine Parts as Raw Material, MAchines in assemble as a Semi Finished product, and FInal Machine as a Finished Good.
    Here you can use Item reclass to issue machine parts (RM) from one location to other.

Scenario 2:
    Your client purchases machine parts, issues them, produces machines, and then uses these machines to carry out his routine business production.
    In this case, if it is a frequent process and number of items is more, then it is really a troublesome process.
    If items are less and process is less frequent, you can use the FA logic as given in previous post. (Using FA Reclass journal.)
    If this is a frequently occured process, then your client really needs to rethinks what all process he wants to capture in NAV.
    Production of FA from smaller FA's frequently and then carrying on routine production will be a mess.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    second process is client following .
    The manufacturing Plants construction is going that means Ist , IInd, IIIrd, IV plant V plant
    May be each plant contains nearly 30 machines. .
    So It is a frequent process and number of items is more .i will one example, let’s talk about Motor, we can purchase this item may be 10 times for different plants Client had explained the procedure how they are purchasing and issuing the material .
    So we need to give the solution , how to track in inventory.
    hansika
    You can use a Resources and Jobs module for that.
    Create your projects (Setup of Plant1, Setup of Plant2..........and so on) as Jobs.
    Use the machines, or persons, or whatever is being used as resources.
    Consume the resources in respective jobs.
    This will give you a track of how much resources are consumed in which job, and also costing.
    This also gives functionality to purchase items for specific jobs.

You need to go through the resources and jobs learning material to have a much deeper insight.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Thanks Mr. deep,

I will go throw that Module what you suggested.

But let me know that about items , how to define .

can i define each assest ( Motor, Boiler, ) as Item In item card .

Is it the correct way ?

Please clarify .
    hansika
    Experts throw some help on this ................. ](*,)
    hansika
    When you are using resources and jobs, you can use items for a specific job. Use a different Item category, different Product posting group, different inventory posting group and seperate g/l account in to keep a complete track.
    Regards,

Deep
    India