Report 30-Check Value Posting Usage?

DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
Hi,

This is regarding a default Report 30 "Check Value Posting".
Kindly explain what is the use of this report, as I never found any data while running this report. I tried running it by selecting dimensions for which there are both posted and unposted entries and documents.
I tried this report over databases which have lacs of transactions and even over Cronus.

But still it doesn't generates any data. :?
Regards,

Deep
India

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    According to help:
    This report is used to ensure that the value posting rules you have specified for individual default dimensions do not conflict with the value posting rules you have specified for account type default dimensions. For example, if you have set up a customer account with value posting No Code and then specify that all customer accounts should have a particular default dimension value code, this report will inform you that a conflict exists. In this example, the program cannot both disallow the use of a dimension value code and allow the use of a default dimension value code.

In nav (tested with 3.7) you can actually get some results by creating a dimension rule for any customer with default value and type: No Code.