How to merge LS Regional Database to My Standard Localize

suthipongsuthipong Member Posts: 14
We have database A at Thailand with standardized customizations. We have a regional database B at another country (LS). Both the databases A & B are in NAV 5.0 version only. Modified objects from B are to be merged to A. I have following

I try to merge but I found some error about permit that about my localize can't create id no more than 99,999 but LS has some fields create that use id more than 10,000,000 that I can't create it

questions: but
1. What will be the steps to Merging?
2. How much time it will take to do merging of around 500 objects?

Comments

• Johan_007Johan_007 Member Posts: 53
    Hi, please help here. I would like to knwo roughly the same info.
  • anand_sri12anand_sri12 Member Posts: 71
    Hi,

You need to reverse the process.....

First you take a blank LS Database

Take a backup of your database A at Thailand with standardized customizations, then restore it over LS Database(i.e. Database B)
    With thanks

Anand Kumar
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    For fields in range that you need to merge that you don't have permission to. You need to do your txt comparison as is but because you can't import the txt file, you need to do the following steps.

You need to take LS table and delete all the code from it, then export it as fob. Import it into your own db and select Merge option instead of replace all.

Afterwards import the txt file.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • suthipongsuthipong Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for your kind ...
    I have some questions about some files that localize and ls have the same name etc. location but in ls has more fields but I can't import fields that in LS coz it's ID more than 10,000,000 ... How I can do it ... if you have any sample please explain me ... I'm newer in Navision

Thanks for your kind ..
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It depends on functionality, but I would change the name to LS Location.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n