Printing a .bmp on a report

irenegireneg Member Posts: 30
I want to print a .bmp on a report and tried to use the 'Picture' and 'Image' control, but no luck. What should I use and where do you specify the path and filename.

Thanks

Irene
Irene Grassow

Comments

• jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    image control on report, in the properties, for bitmap value = path
    kind of fell into this...
  • Mick01Mick01 Member Posts: 2
    You can specify the filename in Bitmap property (Image) or BitmapList (Picture). But maximum allowed size of bmp file is 32.756 bytes.

I recommend you to store bmp file to the database (BLOB) and print it by Picture box.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Are you calcfields your picture.
    Note: The same principal or importing pics on the fly to be shown in "item.picture" for example can also be used on reports.

Dataitem = Item
    OnAfterGetRecord()
    IF EXISTS ('c:\"Folder Where you store your pictures"\'+"No."+'.BMP')
    THEN
    Picture.IMPORT('P:\"Folder Where you store your pictures"\'+"No."+'.BMP',FALSE);
    CALCFIELDS(Picture);

Add a picturebox in the section with sourcexp = Picture now the pics I show are 512k and larger!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    also if you search for LOGO or PICTURE you'll find a lot more posts - to guide you
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Mick01 wrote:
    You can specify the filename in Bitmap property (Image) or BitmapList (Picture). But maximum allowed size of bmp file is 32.756 bytes.

I recommend you to store bmp file to the database (BLOB) and print it by Picture box.

Hi Mick,

Do you know about the maximum size of BLOB datatype? Thank you.
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    BLOB (Binary Large Object)
    Stores bitmaps and memos. Stored in BLOB area of table. Size 8 bytes plus size of BLOB data (max 2GB).
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Thanks Mohana :)

Is it 2 GB per record ? Actually I try to import picture with size 1.98 GB in Contact Card and it results error :

"There is no enough memory to execute this function. If you work in a single-user installation, you can try reducing the value of the 'cache' program property. You can find information about how to optimize the operating system in the documentation for your operating system"

My free space is 42 GB. The memory is 4 GB.

Please advice. Thank you :)
    Best regards,

Johanna