Table locking question

ricky76ricky76 Member Posts: 204
Hi, wondered if anyone could help, if i have a report that when running locks certain tables and then errors are any locks on the tables released at the point of the report erroring or when the user clicks the ok button on the dialog window?

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I read that question 5 times and still don't understand what you mean :-k could please you explain this in more detail?
  • ricky76ricky76 Member Posts: 204
    I have a report that locks a couple of tables when it is processing. If the report was to error after it had locked a table at what point would the lock on the table be released? Would this be at the point the report errorred or once the user clicked ok on the error message?
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    ricky76 wrote:
    Hi, wondered if anyone could help, if i have a report that when running locks certain tables and then errors are any locks on the tables released at the point of the report erroring or when the user clicks the ok button on the dialog window?

i believe it is unlocked when the user acknowledges the Error message.

if i'm in debugger and lock some tables and then error, i continue locking our system until i get out of debugger and acknowledge the error message.
    kind of fell into this...
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ricky76 wrote:
    I have a report that locks a couple of tables when it is processing. If the report was to error after it had locked a table at what point would the lock on the table be released? Would this be at the point the report errorred or once the user clicked ok on the error message?

It depends on the EXACT version, service pack and hot ix that you have. This is an on agoan off again issue.

Go direct to the source to find out more, at Waldo's Blog

Platform updates overview - 3.70.B - NAV2009 CTP4 - Waldo's Blog Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    David Singleton