multicountry multilicense multiproblem

jsinisajsinisa Member Posts: 27
Hi guys,
I have started couple a days ago in new international company. We have now NAV 5.0 installation in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium and France (it comes UK, Spain, Italy, Poland,...). All installation are stand-alone at our office in these countries. I have to deal with all of these installation using Remote-Desktop. So far is OK, but my problem(?) is how to work in main office at test databases? How to deal with the licences for different countries on just one machine? I will get regularly backups of database for testing.
I already had a problem trying to start CH NAV 5.0 after I work with AUT Navision. It said something like "you can not work with other country license"?

Is it possible to define desktop shortcut for fin.exe naming proper license file?
For example:
AUT_fin.exe my_AUT_license.flf

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Do not import the license file, use just Change functionality each time. (remove fin.flf from client folder to prevent the problems with license file when opening client)
    2) If you are using MS SQL on sites, you can use MS SQL for all databases on your test PC and ask partner to add License per Database granule into all licenses, you will be able to have separate license for each database (Per database licensing) and you will not need to change the license manually.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The way to do this For Native C/SIDE database and SQL are very different, so unless you want to tell us what server you are running on its going to be pretty hard to help you. :x
    David Singleton
  • jsinisajsinisa Member Posts: 27
    All databases are MS SQL 2005.
    I can get SQL Backups from all our offices and restore these on Test Server.
    Or maybe someone has other idea?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    jsinisa wrote:
    Is it possible to define desktop shortcut for fin.exe naming proper license file?
    For example:
    No that is not possible. The license is most commonly defined per server, and in some cases the license is saved in the database, provided that the granule that allows this is in the license. Multiple licenses per database is not supported. The only supported way is to change the license from within the NAV session.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    DenSter wrote:
    jsinisa wrote:
    For example:
    No that is not possible.

Wow you are right. I was about to explain the "License=" parameter, but when I checked, I see its no longer there. Any idea when they removed that feature? I am guessing quite a few versions ago. I had just assumed that it was removed from finsql.exe but I see it gone form Native as well.

I used to always have an icon for each clients database, with a "License=" parameter pointing to their license to make it easy to test that new development was in their allowed object ranges etc.
    David Singleton