apply payment to different customer

JoeriJoeri Member Posts: 75
Hi,

I have send sales invoices to many different customers, but receive one payment from a different company. In reality these are branches of one company, and the HQ pays the bills for them.

Now, when i get the payment from the HQ, I want to apply this one large amount to all different invoices of all these different customers. Can this be done in NAV without having to enter lines for all different customers.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I don't know what version you're using but on ours we can set a parent-child relationship.
    In the customer card we can enter a related account # like "Chains".

When we enter the amount & select the parent account all the invoices for parent & child appear so it can be paid in 1 shot.

In early Nav it was an add on called Fast-Cash but I believe in 3.6 or 3.7 it became standard.
    Perhaps other know more.

Another way to attack the situation is have 1 Master account and all the store set up as ship-to's
  • JoeriJoeri Member Posts: 75
    Hi Savatage,

There is a field called "Chain Name" in NAV (i'm using 5.0), but it doesn't seem to have any function except for information. I can't find anything like "Parent account", but it sounds exactly like what I need.

Do you have any clue if it's in 5.0, and how I can find it ?

Thanks.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    i'm not using 5 but I'm sure someone else can help you - I find it hard to believe that you can't set a parent-child relationship between customers unless MS simply want you to make ship-to's instead.

If it doesn't exist in 5 i'm sure it's not a complicated mod.

can anyone else chime in here?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    This sounds like a classic Bill-to Sell-to relationship, which has been standard in Navision since virtually forever.

Any reason you can't just use Bill-to?
    David Singleton
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    If you cannot use the standard Bill-to Sell-to relationship because you want to see the actual invoice against the sell-to not the bill-to record then you will need to modify the system, but this is fairly simple I believe depending upon what you want to see where, what you want the F9 statisitics to do and where you want to see and report on this information.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen