Entries not inserted in Ledger entry dimension

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
I had created different batches in JV, CP/CR, BP/BR . When I post the entries with dimension from JV/CP/CR/BP/BR . Some of my entries are not inserted in Ledger entry dimension table even though they have dimension attached in the entry.
They are inserted in gl entry table with dimension but not inserted in ledger entry dimension table. Why they are not inserted in Ledger entry dimension? ](*,)
Please suggest :-k

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    When posting dimensions, everything basically just moved around from "Document Dimension" and "Journal Line Dimension" to "Posted Document Dimension" and "Ledger Entry Dimension".

To start make sure that document dimension has entries in it, not just the fields on the header/line.
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    Will you please explain little bit more?
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    vyanku wrote:
    Will you please explain little bit more?
    GenJnlLine."Shortcut dimension 1 Code" goes to GlEntry."Global Dimension 1 Code"..
    records in "Journal line dimension" go to "Ledger Entry Dimension" table.

The above rule is valid for document such as sales, purhase etc.
    Document Dimension goes to LEdger Entry Dimension.
    shortcut Dimensions in document tables go to Global Dimension in G/L Entry.

I dont know what you exactly mean with "batches in JV, CP/CR, BP/BR ". But check that Jornal Line dimension or Document Dimension has records before posting. Wrong coding that creates jurnal line or document can cause this problem by not validating shortcut dimensions or not using MODIFY(TRUE)/INSERT(TRUE) code.

by the way, which version are you running? 3.70A has this kind of problems in some places.
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    Thanks ayhan06 I got my answer. Actually we had done the customization in all batches.On selecting batch the dimension related to that project inserted in shortcut dimension 1 code. But due to this Dimension was not validated. That why it gives me problem.
    Thanks a lot again \:D/ =D> :whistle: