Different between Item Inventory qty and Bin Content qty

bbcaibbcai Member Posts: 80
Anyone face problem where the item inventory qty is different with the bin content qty?

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    As in the inventory field on the item card does not match the total quantity for bin content. (Sum of item ledger quantity does not equal some of warehouse entry quantity)...all the time *sigh*
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Common problem. During posting with Bins there are some commits which can lead to inconsistency when some error is encountered during the posting. Bin content is calculated from Warehouse entries but Inventory from Item ledger entries. Correct will be the Item Ledger Entries, wrong will be the Warehouse entries. You need to correct them...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bbcaibbcai Member Posts: 80
    The strange thing is i check the item ledger entry with my previous backup copy, all the item ledger entries are same for that item but the inventory qty is different in item card...
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    SQL Server and NAV version before 4.0 SP3 Upd6?

There were NAV versions existing were the SIFT tables were not updated correctly when using SQL server. To check this:
    Copy the item ledger entries which are used to calculte your inventory to excel, sum up the quantity and compare to the calculated field. Do the same for the warehouse entries. If the calculated field does not match the total from excel you need to update the NAV client. For a list of the latest available clients look here:
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/archive/2008/09/13/platform-updates-overview-3-70-b-nav2009-ctp4.aspx
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    Problem solved by clearing the MaintainSIFTIndex & SIFTLevels & after that imported in the original object. Thanks
  • SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    Hi,

I got the same problem, my question is how to clear the MaintainSIFTIndex & SIFTLevels. Thanks
    Go to design of the table --> View Key --> Show Column
    Hi,

I got it, but what do you mean in "after that imported in the original object". Hoping for your reply. Thanks
    Means i export the table (Item Ledger Entry) before i did the changes to blank the column, after that i imported back the table.
    Hi,

Ok, will follow your advise. Thanks a lot :D