How to use two reports for offers/orders/invoices

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I've been searching the forum for ideas on this but can't find anything, which seems strange as it doesn't seem so unusual a requirement to me.

If your client normally prints, say, Sales Offers on pre-printed paper you will have a report format with no logos etc. However when you need to generate a PDF to email to a client you need another report format with logos... so you have two reports... now how to switch between them.

Creating a button to just open one or the other is no problem - but is there a better way?

The report selector system built into Nav 5 is fine to select the report you want to come out and you can even put two reports in the list - but there doesn't seem to be any way to get Nav to ask the user which of the two reports configured they want to use.... something which seems like a bit of a glaring deficiency and which would have been so easy for them to added as a feature.

so, can anyone point me in a better direction? Apologies if there has already been a discussion on the topic - what should I be searching for?

Regards

Ian

Comments

• imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Typical - I spent about 20 mins searching for articles on the subject and found nothing relevant. Just after posting this I thought of searching for 'report selection choose' - and something promising turned up down the bottom of the list.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7507&hilit=report+selection+user

Haven't tried it yet and given the date it probably applied to 4.x or older. It involves changes to the codeunit.

Ian
  • krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
    edited 2008-10-09
    This is not exactly what You have asked about but:
    so you have two reports...

If only logos are reason of difference between two reports, then I would make it at sections of one report. At request form just add checkmark "Print Logo Sections" with DataSource property set to boolean CheckMarkValue. Then in trigger OnPreSection() of sections with logos put CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT (CheckMarkValue); and in the same trigger of sections without logos put CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT (NOT CheckMarkValue);
    This way You save one report.

However If this is not good for You, You probably will need to change a bit CU229.
    Have a god day.
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Thats a good idea. In this particular case the only difference between the reports is the logos so it would work for me. I hadn't thought of using the request form.

Thanks

Ian