NAV Opening Balances - Bank Accounts - Unreconciled Items

KathrynmKathrynm Member Posts: 7
Hello,

Could anyone please advise on the following set up procedure.

I have an opening trial balance that I put onto NAV as an general journal. On the opening TB is a bank account figure.

I now want to record someone that within that bank account figure are transactions that are reconciled and some which are unreconciled. How do I record these entries so that when I do the first bank reconciliation it suggests the correct transactions which are still to be reconciled?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    There is not any real point in putting in reconcilled transactions, but you can enter each transaction as a type bank and offset it to the data take on account, along with the opening balance of reconcilled items. This is then offset by the general ledger of your TB. These transactions can then form part of teh reconcile process I believe - but try it!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • KathrynmKathrynm Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your reply, I don't want to reconcile transactions that are already reconciled. However of the bank account figure on my trial balance an element of that amount will be unreconciled. So when I first do a bank reconciliation I would to be able to reconcile these amounts.

In other applications that I have used there is a facility that can be used in order to put individual transactions on which are unreconciled.

If you can advise that would be great.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Sorry perhaps I was not clear - you can load the unreconcilled transactions in individually on the general journal, and then have a balancing entry of the opening balance, in this way when you do your first reconciliation they will all be there!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen