Options

BA Configurator and DataPerCompany = No

AndreAfonsoAndreAfonso Member Posts: 3
Hello,

I'm using BA Configurator for NAV 5.0 with version NAV 4.0 SP3. The configurator shows to be unable to generate the relational database whenever I include dimensions from related tables that have the "datapercompany" property set to "no". Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thank you,

Andre

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This is known issue. You can try to use newer configurator...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    AndreAfonsoAndreAfonso Member Posts: 3
    I thank you for your answer Kine. After you post I've download the version 3.0.0.208 from the PartnerSource but I'm still having the same problem. Am I missing something in the cube definition? What version of cfront.dll should I be using (I've tried 5.0.0.23963 and 5.0.0.24199)?
  • Options
    bamverbamver Member Posts: 30
    Hi everyone!

I've the same issue. AndreAfonso, did you solve it? Anyone knows something about this 'known issue'??

Thanks!
  • Options
    froewisfroewis Member Posts: 5
    Hello!

I have the same Problem and have made a support call to Microsoft:

So I get a Document "Known Issues List"

3) Not possible to use non-company specific tables as dimensions
    When running on SQL Server option, it’s not possible to use non-company specific tables as dimensions, e.g. the User table.

So Cool - on SQL 2000 we have no problems, we made an sql view named like the lokal table (Company1$Customer)

But on SQL 2005 we get errors ...

but I have found a way to do this with a SQL view ... :P

I have made a SQL view for each company like Company1$Customer and Company2$Customer ... and then I linked these tables to Navision Tables (Table Property: Linked: YES) , then i change the cubes to the new tables. And its perfect ...

Attation: When you use the table 349 (Dimension Value) as global you have to do the things above and change the tabele in Codeunit 702 because this table is hard coded.

If you have any question, so feel free to ask me ...

I used the configurator Build: 3.0.0.208, SQL 2005 CLUSTER on a 64 Bit 2008 Machine, NAV 4.03, Analytics Server: SQL 2005 on a 2003 R2 32 Bit Machine

I hope I could help you.

Christian Fröwis
    http://www.InnoNav.at
  • Options
    NitoNito Member Posts: 1
    Hi froewis,

I have the same problem. We work with a huge database with a lot of datapercompany = no tables, a global company, etc...

If I try to set up BA with a standard "CRONUS" database it works perfectly. So I'm trying your way, but I'm doing something wrong, I will try to explain...

a) I create a new database, set up a cube of customer, country dimension, etc... and it works perfectly.

b) Then I set datapercompany = no to customer table. I can update de XML but when I try to launch the configurator, I get the same error (that when I do with the huge database).

--- At this moment, I want to solve this problem via your way, so if it solves this small example problem, It will also solve the problem in the big database ---

c) We set up a view called Company1$Customer

d) We set up the property Linked to yes inside Dynamics (I could not change the cube to these tables, because I got the error, and I can't even generate the cubes)

d) We still got the same error

¿Could you help me please?

Can you detail the process with my simple example?

Thank you in advance.