Pricing Update Navision 4

mgravismgravis Member Posts: 16
Hi Everyone

We have Navision4 SP3 running.

We have 100,000+ items in the system from different vendors. Vendors have issued new costs for these parts. We have gone through using the migration overview form tool (object 8614) and updated the purchase cost table for each item. (also the sale price too)

Our problem is when you start a new purchase order, it still has not updated the last direct cost. (we are using FIFO)

How do we get the last direct cost to update on the item cards to reflect the new cost from our vendors.

WE are using automatic cost posting.

You can see in the attached screen shot the purchase cost is not being reflected in the last direct cost field.

Comments

• sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    You have to run the Adjust Item Cost/ Pricess report which is in Purchase menu-->Inventory and Costing-->Costing.
  • mgravismgravis Member Posts: 16
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I ran the report, but nothing changes. (i just tried it on one item # I know has updates to the purchase prices table)

If I change the Adjustment Factor on the report it updates the Last Direct cost but not to the amount we imported. (ie. it is set as 1 right now, it doesn't update. If I change it to 0, it makes the last direct cost 0. If I change it to 2, it double the amount of the last direct cost.)

Any ideas?

I have included some screen caps below.

Thanks!
    Mike

I have also run the Adjust Cost - Item Enteries for today's date and it runs for about 1 sec and nothing happens either.

We have solved the problem in case anyone else comes across it.

You must have an ending date in the purchase price lists.
    We have solved the problem in case anyone else comes across it.

You must have an ending date in the purchase price lists.

Could you please elobrate more where you have to define the ending date ? When we run Adjust Item Entries or Adjust Cost item Cost / Prices, it does not ask for any dates. So Please let it be more clear which form you are talking about to enter the ending date?
    Are you talking about form 7012 to enter the price ending date for the vendor for a praticular item? what should be the ending date? what about start date? I will appreciate if you can show me the screen shot for ending date and your changed unit cost in the item card.

Here I also want to ask one question suppose you have a stock of 10 pieces and you did a sales of this item and your balance quantity becomes 9 after it you got a additional charges for this item suppose custome charges of around 10 dollar on each and when you apply these additional charges via purchase invoice to this item does it change the cost correctly? I will appreciate your detailed reply.

regards
    Sajid
    Yes table 7012.

here is an updated screen cap

I am not sure of what the final cost will be in your case above, but you can always test it in a test company in Navision. The last direct COST should NOT be effected by what you sell it at (price)
    Thank you for your reply. But I was asking about the unit cost. In your case it shows the unit cost which have end date of 31st august as 63. How about COGS when you sell this item without providing ending date in purchase prices? Can you try doing a sell of a quantity which is mix of both purchase price just to check the COGS unit cost per item in item ledger entry? I will appreciate your reply with item ledger entry table shot.

Does it mean that purchaser should keep updating the end date in purchase price for all 2000 items in case company have 2000 items as thier product or some times even more than 2000?

regards,
    Sajid