No Subcontracting Module.

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi experts,

This is a company which contains the Production, but they don’t want to take Manufacturing Module right now.
They are sending the Raw material to Subcontractor and receiving the finished goods.
This company will send raw material to many subcontractors .
For this subcontractor will charge some amount.
How to handle this situation in Navision without Suncontract module.
What are the steps should I consider without manufacturing if I send the rawmaterial?

How to show raw material consumption ?
How to enter Finished goods ?
How to create the purchase invoice for subcontractor ?
How to know how much qty we send to sub contractor?
How much qty we received from subcontractor ?

Experts you rock in advance on this issue. Please throw me out from this problem.

Thanks and regards
ameen

Comments

• krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    How to show raw material consumption ? -

Create a warehouse location for the subcontractor and transfer the material from Stores to Subcontractor location. For consumption, do a negative adjustment of stock from Subcontractor location. Create a seperate batch and number series for the consumption at sub contractor.

How to enter Finished goods ? - Do a positive stock adjustment

How to create the purchase invoice for subcontractor ? - Do a direct purchase invoice for the job work using GL Account

How to know how much qty we send to sub contractor? - The stock lying at subcontractor location. Before doing the negative adjustment (Item journal)

How much qty we received from subcontractor ? - FG Stock received. (Positive adjustment). Create a seperate batch and number series for the receipts from sub contractor.

This is one of the method of doing the things without Mfg module.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    And how do we cost the finished goods?

Nightmare written all over it :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    edited 2008-10-07
    If your client doesn't want to buy the granule, suggest instead that they just use Excel and do all this in a spread sheet.

it is stupid to try and replicate existing functionality. it will cost much much more than just buying the granule.

8><---- edit spelling
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    If your client don't want to buy the granule, suggest instead that they just use Excel and do all this in a spread shit.

That will be messy. :mrgreen:
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ara3n wrote:

That will be messy. :mrgreen:

A Freudian slip I guess #-o
    David Singleton