Applying Settlement Discount to a Sale

Jay2007Jay2007 Member Posts: 50
Hi there,

I am trying to apply a settlement discount to a sale programmatically and am having a problem with it? I have looked at all other posts with "Discount" in title and none of them seem to deal with issue I am having.

If a sale comes to, let's say for example, €20.90 then I want to give the user the option of rounding it down to €20 and discount the 90 cents in the background.

I have tried using the "Invoice Discount Value" field on Sales Header and this seems to have no effect?? Post as sale to value of €20.90 to customers account.

Also, I have used the "Inv. Discount Amount" field on the Sales Line table which works fine, but it discounts the price of the product which I do not want to happen. Sales Invoice needs to print as product at full value, i.e. €20.90 and then subtract discount at end of invoice to show it was an overall settlement discount.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I am going wrong here????

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Comments

• martin2008martin2008 Member Posts: 10
    If you press F9 and put the discount in "Inv. Discount Amount", it'll show as a discount after the subtotal. Not 100% sure but I think you need code to trigger from the F9 Statistics window and that's why "Invoice Discount Value" doesn't work.
  • Jay2007Jay2007 Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for that Martin :)

I have a bespoke form already developed to allow user to enter settlement discount and choose to apply it or not. Since posting, I did think of programatically calling up code in the statistics form alright but would rather only pursue this as a last resource !

It looks like I may have to go down that road alright tho.

Thanks again,

Jay