Payment Journal - Test (report 10089)

CdnNavCdnNav Member Posts: 10
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Navision and would like to know how i can added the external document number to the Payment Journal - Test Report (#10089).
I would like to place it after the Applies0to Doc Number Column on the standard Navision 5.0 report.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Answers

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Hi, if you check out the application designer's guide on the product CD, there's a really good (and detailed) section about report designer. Take a look at that first before anything else.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If you can't find your product cd - it's also available here:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 1w1adg.pdf

What you have to do "After reading the Application Designers Guide" :D is:

Tools->Designer->Reports
    Find Report 10089
    click on the report then -> Design
    (Your probably going to need more space on the report so lets reduce the margin)
    so go to the blank line under the last dataitem Click on it & View->Properties.
    Left Margin change to 1000.

The goto View->Sections.
    Now go to the rightside of the white part of the report it will give you the double arrow.
    Widen the page enuf just to fit your field.

Click on the grey bar that says Gen. Journal Line, Body(1)
    View->Field Menu
    Find External Doc Number (or whatever you want to add)
    Click on it once when you find it. (It's now "caught" in your mouse)
    Go to the Place where you want to put it and click the mouse button.
    The field should now be there.

That's basically it, It will be up to you to clean it up or shrink fields if it doesn't fit perfectly.
    If this is new to you I would
    1) Make a copy of this report and save it as #50000 Payment Journal - My Test
    and play with the copy not the original.
    2) if you have a test database which is seperate from the one you are on - use that to test what you have learned in the ADG before trying it in the live system.

Welcome to Nav & good luck
  • CdnNavCdnNav Member Posts: 10
    Savatage,

I did what you said and i can get the External Doc No. field in the report but when i run the report i only get the External Doc No. column name that i moved into the header section of the report.

Not sure why i am not getting the external doc number on the report.
    When you drop the field into the section you get two things
    1) the field
    2) the label

Make sure you drag the label part to the section above.
    The label is just the Name of the column. If you're not sure of which field is the name Just right click on one of them and view-properties.
    I've done that but still no doc no. very confused by this.

when i look at the PINV that is in the payment journal there is a external doc no under the Vendor Invoice No. field on the PINV card, would this still map to the external doc number field for the payment journal?
    CdnNav wrote:
    I've done that but still no doc no. very confused by this.

when i look at the PINV that is in the payment journal there is a external doc no under the Vendor Invoice No. field on the PINV card, would this still map to the external doc number field for the payment journal?

Ok take a look at this pic - I will try and understand what you are saying in the quote above because I don't underastand exactly what your saying
    This field is getting the External Document from the Payment Journal - not from the vendor ledger entries
    is it possible for it to pull from the vendor ledger entries?
    So you're really looking for a totally different report.
    The Payment Journal Only Needs a Document No Not An External Doc no.

(for example) Your lo0king for a report that shows the check line and underneath it have all the entries?

10/3/2008 - payment - vendor 123abc - MyVendor - $3,000.00 - bank account - 12345
    --Inv | 123456 | 09/01/08 | $1500.00
    --Inv | 123457 | 09/02/08 | $2000.00
    --Cr | 123458 | 09/03/08 | -$500.00

More of a detailed report your looking for correct?
    Yes, our accountant wants to be able to print the Payment Journel test report and have that report be able to pull in the external doc no. from the posted invoice to be able to match that against the physical invoice from the vendor.
    that information prints on the check - in the form of check details.
    If you look at your check report you can see how it is done.

Does that help? We match our Invoices TO PAY with the details printed on the check.
    Also Try Report 10087
    ENU=Payment Journal - Pre-Check Test;ENC=Payment Journal - Pre-Cheque Test
    Journal Template Name = PAYMENTS

Should give you exactly what you need