Dimension posting error

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
Let me just get this out of the way:

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Ok, so I'm attempting to receive a PO with one line, qty. of one. Getting the error that I need to select a dimension value for Glob. Dim. 2 Code for Account 13310.

Now, I've set up that account to require a dimension value for that dim. code, BUT, the dimension value is in the line... it's just not getting recognized some how.

I've traced the error to CU11, RunCheck function:
IF NOT DimMgt.CheckJnlLineDimValuePosting(JnlLineDim,TableID,No) THEN
    IF "Line No." <> 0 THEN
      ERROR(
        Text012,
        TABLECAPTION,"Journal Template Name","Journal Batch Name","Line No.",
        DimMgt.GetDimValuePostingErr)
    *ELSE*
      ERROR(DimMgt.GetDimValuePostingErr);

Where the *ELSE* is where the error occurs. Something odd I noticed here is that the "JnlLineDim" variable is uninitialized at this point... that doesn't seem right, right? My next step should be to find where that is supposed to be assigned and figure out why it's not coming over, correct?

Oh: NAV v5 SP1, SQL
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Answers

• djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Here is what ended up being the solution:

Demand brought the inventory negative for the item before the dimension code was assigned to it. Therefore, the automatic cost adjustment is going out to make the associated entry and erroring out because the original transaction didn't have a code, but this one does (and is required to)... we'll have to adjust the historic item ledger and value entries to completely fix this, but for now we can shut off Automatic Cost Adjustment or allow it to go through w/o a dimension. This is solved but I'd still like suggestions on the pros/cons of each of these.
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."