UOM problem

melupatimelupati Member Posts: 33
Hi Experts,

I have a problem of UOM in Item Card(Version Navision4.0 SP3 ). Actually I have to define the base UOM is in Litres, Purchase Unit of measure also in Litres and Sales Unit of measure is Kgs.
Can anybody help me out from this, where I have to define the conversion factor.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You can do that in the Item Unit of Measure table. You get there clicking the lookupbutton on the base unit of measure.
    If for example 1 kg of an item is 2 liters, then you create a record with KG and Qty per unit=2 in it (if your base unit of measure is liter).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• melupatimelupati Member Posts: 33
    I have already tried for , but I am getting the error message that the Qty. per unit of measure must be 1.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    The quantity per of the Base Unit of Measure must be 1. Any other unit of measure is calculated against the base. So if Litre is the unit you want to use as the Base Unit of measure, you need to set up Litre with a quantity per of 1. Then you can create an Item Unit of measure for KG, with a calculation factor against Litre.
  • melupatimelupati Member Posts: 33
    Yes, I tried same as you said, but it is giving same error.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]

In that case you should check with the debugger where it blocks. I think that could be a customization.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    In The Unit Of Measure table you need to create (table 204)
    1) Litre
    2) KG

from the item drill into uom
    IN the Item Unit of measure table you need to add (table 5404)
    1)Litre -> 1
    2)KG -> 2

Now go back to the item card and change (table 27)
    Base UOM->Litre
    Sales UOM->KG
    Purch UOM->Litre
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And do not forget, that some liquids are heavily changing volume for different temperatures (gas etc.)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.