Query on Navision 5.0 SP1 Webservices

DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
Hi Experts

We have a query - Does Navision 5.0 SP1 contain/support web-services:

In one of the release documents of Microsoft - It was stated that "Dynamics NAV 5.0 will have a robust and scalable platform based on .NET that will expose configurable Web services. This will allow developers to use the existing Dynamics NAV development environment to build and customize Web services based on standard definitions (SOAP/WSE). A toolbox will be available for making C/AL code accessible from a Web service. This will make it possible for partners to develop Web services and build new applications on Dynamics NAV using Web services."

Could you please let us know if the webservices are provided in Navision 5.0 SP1?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deva

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This is old info before the 3-tier system was postponed to version "6.0", now with name NAV 2009. Check the informations about NAV 2009, support for webservices is there and is working like a charm (price will be another question)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Read the topics in this subforum

There you can find also a linkt to partnersource from where you can download manualas, examples, whitepapers, a marketing version of Nav2009 and many more ....

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
    Thanks a lot - Kine and Garak.

We actually raised a query to Microsoft Support Team for Commerce Portal Functionality in Navision 5.0 SP1, for which they provided us with a solution stating that Commerce Portal is removed and e-commerce functionality has to be developed by the partner itself with the help of webservices. Also I got some supporting documents stating that webservices would be shipped along with Navision 5.0 SP1, but the supported document was dated 1st October 2006 - and I came to know from your information that this is outdated and would be available with NAV 2009.

Thanks again for your kind information.

Thanks,
    Deva