How to remove old objects - from an old developer

ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
Customer has objects (tables with data) that need to be removed. Data is now deleted but how to delete the AddOn objects. It is in an AddOn range from a partner with wich my customer doesn't have a relation anymore :shock: and the partner doesn't seem to be helpfull in this situation :(

I get the "don't have view/edit/delete rights" message in the object designer.

It there a hack for this? I dont want to look into the code, I want it removed.

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This might work:

1. Export all objects, except the ones you don't want anymore, to fob
    2. Backup database, but without the objects
    3. Create new database and import the fob
    4. Restore your database
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You can also try this, but I am not sure it works : http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11560
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    kriki wrote:
    You can also try this, but I am not sure it works : http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11560

Noop, the killer delete object only works if it's a fob. And you can't create this fob because you don't have permissions for this. Als, you can't export a killer object to text. Will try the backup option.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    This might work:

1. Export all objects, except the ones you don't want anymore, to fob
    2. Backup database, but without the objects
    3. Create new database and import the fob
    4. Restore your database
    Smart thinking, that might actually work very well. Wouldn't you have to first remove all relationships to those objects first though?
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    :-k never tested only a idea, whats, if under sql, with deleting hardcore the recs (first in test eviroment) in the object table (also object translation table and the others like field etc), the tables self :?:

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!