Options

NAS Problem with Commerce portal 3.60

berraberra Member Posts: 11
edited 2008-10-17 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I have problem with an installation of commerce portal version 3.60. NAS constantly stops responding on certain portal acctions like "new user registration" and "Sent to address". These can be found in the main menu of the portal. Sometimes i am able to restart the NAS service by entering the Navision Attain Application Manager. Other times i try to stop it but then it hangs in a somewhere stoped and started and to be able to put the service back again i have to restart the server. This also happens once in a while when looking at the product card for products, eg when asking for the price. The last part is working better since i installed hotfix 12 and 23.

If anybody has experienced the same problems with the NAS i would be greatful for prodedures that have helped you to solve this.

Best regards
Berra

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

to debug into this issue, please do the following.
    On the machine where you have installed the NAS, install the appropriate client (same version and language).
    Then create a custom form (or a codeunit) where you call the function "NASHandler" in codeunit 1 with the same parameter as you have setup in the NAS (e.g. your NAS startup-parameter is "PORTAL1") - program beyond the OnPush of a button or in the OnRun trigger of the codeunit
    Codeunit1.NASHandler('PORTAL1')

Then stop the NAS service and start the client as a NAS.
    Now you should be able to track down the error. If you want you can also activate the debugger.
    Keep in mind, that if you found the error and you change something in the code, you have to close and reopen the client!

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    berraberra Member Posts: 11
    Dear IHateLinux ,

Thanks for your great tip i will give it a shot.

Regards,

berra

ps I love linux :)