On Sales Order linking to a Purchase Order

krishkrish Member Posts: 3
On Sales Order i currently don't have stock, so i want to raise a Purchase Order and Link it to the Sales Order so that The Purchase Order automatically Reserve the Stock for that sales order automatically when Goods Receive.. can u plz guide me how do i Proceed?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Have you tried using requisition worksheet?
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You could define purchasing codes on the sales line and run the requisition worksheet by these, I believe this links this directly with the purchase order referenced on the sales line.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    yep!
    We fill out our purchasing codes.
    Req. Worksheet - Functions-.Special order->Get Sales orders

There you can filter on what you want to get - purchaing codes - specific inv #'s, etc
    then carry out action message _ boom a po.

We've alter ours a bit, since we use a custom field "Qty. Ordered" So I changed the calc of the report to subtract "Qty. Ordered" from Quanitity to give me the difference and use that value instead.
  • krishkrish Member Posts: 3
    Thx Guys bt the User don't have access to Requisition WorkSheet Granule, He wants to link the Purchase order to a sales Order and when receive it reserves automatically for the Sales order.
    krish wrote:
    Thx Guys bt the User don't have access to Requisition WorkSheet Granule, He wants to link the Purchase order to a sales Order and when receive it reserves automatically for the Sales order.

I'm not quite sure about your answer here. If they want that functionality then they will have to get access to the granule.

Do you want to design your own Req. worksheet when it already exists?

There are fields in the Purchase line (Special order Sales No & Special Order Sales Line No)
    There are fields in the Sales Line (Special Order Purchase No & Special Order Purch Line No.)

These fields can be used to link orders to po's & po's to sales orders. But if you want all this to automatically happen then talk to your NSC and have them demo the Req Worksheet function for you. If it does what you need then buy it and they will have to get a new license for you that now has that granule added.