Planning parameter

kiyackiyac Member Posts: 118
I want to test the behavious of different planning paramenter in planning worksheet. And wonder why create SKU must be done in order to have a correct planning result?

BOM
FG : H
Component : H1 (1 Qty), H2(1Qty), H3(1QTY)

Planning parameter
H: (production Order)
Lot of lot

H1 : (Purchase)
Fixed recorder Qty
Reorder Qty = 177
Order Muliple = 9

H2 : (Purchase)
Lot for Lot
Minimum Order qty = 155

H3: (Purchase)
Maximum Qty
Maximum Inventory = 144
Order Multiple =9

Demend :
Create a SO for Finished goods "H" with order qty = 150

After run planning worksheet, expected result :
H - production order - 150 pcs
H1 - Purchase order - 180 pcs (as 177 > 150, so take 177 and then modify as 9 factor)
H2 - Purchase order - 155 pcs (as min. order qty 155> 150, so suggest 155)
H3 - Purchase order - 297 pcs = (demand qty + max inventory) and then modify as 9 factor = ( Round[(150+144)/9] + 1 )*9

If SKU card is created for all above item (H, H1, H2, H3), expected result can be obtained. However, if no SKU card created, the result is 150 pcs for all the items, even, I have applied same planning parameter.

Create SKU card is a must, even the planning paramenter for all the location is same? Or I miss any steps?

Thanks

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Set the components at location field in the manufacturing setup to be your main warehouse - I presume you left this blank.

With this populated you do not need to define SKU's to get different location planning working, but you cannot automate transfer requirements between the locations.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    I know I've said this before in other topics concerning manufacturing....
    The planning engine has been rewritten a couple of times and depending on which version you're on SKU is needed in order to get rihght result. I've had this problem myself. Even that it should work without SKU's it doesn't so if you have SKU's then use it :D
    I think it depends on a combination of the version and the parameters being set, I have not yet had an instance in implementing this that has necessitated the creation of SKU's to get planning working correctly.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    I've hade this problem in 3.60 where I got differenst results when using SKU's and not using SKU's. The result using SKU was the expected one. But hey there is 38 hotfixes for 3.60 so maybe it was maximum of bad luck. It should work not using SKU's so first check the setup.

Maybe one day they will get the maximum order policy working in all scenarios :D

I thought SKU's were introduced in 4, but 3.6 was so long ago, and I still have nightmares about 3.1!
  • kiyackiyac Member Posts: 118
    May I know the purpose of "Component at location"?
    I can see that this field exist in Manufacturer setup and SKU card.

Thanks!
    Where you do not use SKUs this is the basis of NAV planning parameters - with it set to zero it cannot work across multiple locations as it does not know where to start, so set this to your main warehouse.

In teh SKU it is where planning plans to reduce teh components when a production is undertaken for this item at this SKU.
    My client situation is like that on handling finished goods and components :

component :
    1. Some components directly ship to factory by vendor
    2. Some components will ship to office first and then ship to factory for production

Finished goods :
    After production, goods will ship to office and then transfer to oversea warehouse for further shippment to customer

I will have locations : Office component, Office finished goods, factory, oversea warehouse

SO location : oversea warehouse
    Oversea warehouse replenish from office finished goods via transfer order
    Office finished goods replenish via production order

What should component at location should be for each SKU card?

thanks!!!
    Well it depends - do you want to specifically draw out alternate locations for the BOM components when making the item? I would say no from your description, which simply means leave the field blank on every SKU card, it is not relevant to you.
    FG : A
    Component : A1
    Component : A2

If I outsource to factory Blue for production, then I only need to provide component A2 for factory Blue as A1 will provide by factory Blue herself.

If I outsource to factory Red, then I need to provide A1 and A2 to factory Red.
    For component A1, it will first arrive at office first, and then issue transfer order to transfer A1 to factory Red.
    For component A2, I will ask vendor directly ship to factory Red.

question :
    1. For same finished goods, how can I tell system, this time outsource to factory Blue, so BOM change (A1 component only)? Next time outsource to factory Red, so BOM have both A1, A2.
    (The decision that I outsouce to which factory depends on the price, shipment date....)

2.For factory Red case, I expected the planning result is
    PO issuance of A1 with location = office, PO issuance of A2 with locaiton = factory Red.
    How can I archieve this result?

Thanks, expert!
    Well you would not, ideally, do it this way.

You would have two routes, one with a sub-contract process, the other in-house. Depending upon the planning interaction you decide on the in-house or sub-c option and choose the right route for the work. In your method you will need to have different BOM options and to chose between them

You cannot get planning to chose in this instance - you decide when planning presents the requirement - how would the system know whether you want to handle this in-house or externally?