Remove menubar

TimoBoTimoBo Member Posts: 31
Hi,

Is it possible to remove the Navision menubar (The toolbar with File,Edit,View,...) for a certain user or multiple users?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I don't think you can do that... But you can edit their role permissions to block some of the menu options. Look at the System object permissions under Roles. Why would you want to do that in the first place?
  • TimoBoTimoBo Member Posts: 31
    The screen on a handheld is small so we want to remove the complete menu bar. I had already figured out the possibility to remove some menu options, but thank you anyway :)

So does anybody know how to remove the whole menubar?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    with view -> toolbar, you can disable some options, e.g. by toggling large buttons you'll gain a little more space...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • TimoBoTimoBo Member Posts: 31
    Belias wrote:
    with view -> toolbar, you can disable some options, e.g. by toggling large buttons you'll gain a little more space...

We already did that :)
    We've managed to put all the controls on the tiny screen now. It's looking good, but it would be neat if we could remove the menu bar. 8)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Best is to use terminal client which can connect to desktop bigger than the display. In this case, you can make the forms without borders and displayed them in center of the display, and when you center the "view" in the terminal client, you will have display full of NAV form. We are using that without problems.

THis "small screen" is problem mainly of Windows CE (Start button like in Win 98 and XP). Windows Mobile (Start button logo on top of display) have no problems with that, you can select to not resize the desktop to display size...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.