Multiple items from Multiple sales Orders in Sales Invoice

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi,

Is it possible to create one invoice from multiple Orders.

e.g I have Order No - 1 Item - A Qty 10 Kg
Item - B Qty 5 Kg

Order No -2 Item - C Qty 2 Kg
Item - A Qty 5 Kg

Invoice I should get
Item A 15 Kg
Item B 5 Kg
Item C 2 Kg

Is it possbile in Navision, I tried copy Document . But that is not a feasible way. I would appreicate if any one could help me in addressing this issue am facing.

Thanks in Anticipation
PPP

Comments

• NASiNASi Member Posts: 48
    From Orders you have to ship and then from invoices --> functions --> get shipment lines and you will get an invoice with different order lines.
    Thanks a lot.
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    You can solve this by using Combined shipments.
    To use combined shipments , first u need to place a check mark in the field combined shipments of shipping tab in customer card.
    Then create shipments for that customer with different posting dates and different items.

Then go to Financial Management – receivables – Combined shipemtns –
    In this report just give sell- to – customer no , on the next tab enter the posting date.
    Just run the report , automatically system will create sales invoice for that customer with that items.

Go to sales invoice search the invoice what system created for that customer.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Let’s see what Experts will say some more advices..
    reema
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The combine shipments will work but not in the way you want too, as the shipments are on different days and documents they will be seen separately, but on the same invoice. This means your item A will be on the invoice twice. This needs to remain because otherwise you lose all traceability back to the source document. The only time the system combines to one line on the invoice for two shipments is with part shipments of the same line on the same order. Well that is the way I remember it the last time I looked at it!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    I would do it with combined shipments too, to have optimal item tracking.
    You could add an appendix to invoices showing total qty per item or keeping the seperate lines in the system but showing the totals could be a way to do this too.
    Anyhow I would solve it at report level, not change the logic behind combined shipments.

Since you want to combine lines from different orders, are you 100% sure you will never have different prices etc. for the same item on different orders, because if you use the totals/sums you would loose that detail?
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    Thank you all for your valuable advices.

Many cases, my price in order remain same. Ofcourse if the rate is different in orders. then I agree I cant do combine shipment, else i should considers as two lines of same item.

Let me try out your suggessions anyway.

Thanks a lot
    ppp