NDT and 4.0 license problem

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I have a dev license 5.0 generated earlier this year. We have never worked with 4.0. To make use of the Nav Dev Tool I downloaded a copy of 4.0 and installed it into a VM.

I used this to create an empty db in 4.0 format. The problem I'm seeing is that if I use an SQL server I have no db size limit but if i want to create a native db file I am limited to 500mb - which ndt says is too small to import an object file.

I'm seeing that imports into ndt are taking an age and I suspect that using the native DB will be much much faster - hence my desire to try it out.

Anyone know a way I can create a larger db? Do I just need to contact MBS support?

Ian

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Ian,

500MB is the standard for a cronus licence - Just use a standard Nav V4 client with the dev licence to create a bigger database. Check you have load the dev licence for the NDT.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    copy your license into the NDT Folder

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    ahem, yes, a rather obvious solution. :oops: I hadn't noticed that with the various round of opening/closing the db from the VM and from ndt on my machine that it was returning to the standard licence.

Thanks dave. I was able to double the db size from nav 4 on the vm.

Garak, my license was already in the ndt directory - which begs the question - why couldn't ndt expand the db itself.

Now to see if this one goes a bit faster.

I'm on the lookout for a better solution. NDT is just too problematic with constant crashes and simply runs too slowly to be of much use.

Ian