Navision with Biometric Attendance Capture.

zulqzulq Member Posts: 204
Hi,
Just wanted to know if it's possible to integrate navision with Biometric fingerprint readers to capture employee time in and time out.
We have a fingerprint reader and want navision HR to automatically enter the time when the employee swipes his finger on the biometric reader.
If any one has implemented this before please do let me know or if you know it is possible.

Thanks.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Few years ago we were not existing and few years to come we would be in the grave! So what will benefit us in the grave?

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2008-10-01
    Take a look into the manual of the finger printer or his software (if the FP has software). For examples if there are interfaces, the FP software has a only database from where you can load the data, or simple, there is a file which you can read.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • AAshokAAshok Member Posts: 53
    Hi,

Initially I have also faced the same problem, but after discussion with the client and the biometric provider, it made me cool.

the biometric providers said that they will provide a text file with daily time stamps for the employees.

so i just imported this text file and its working good.

my suggestion is ask them whether they can provide a text file, if yes its good.
  • zulqzulq Member Posts: 204
    I've being able to achieve this using ADO connections some coding in Navision to capture the right time in/out. The following was done:
    1. The biometric device was configured to use MS SQL server.
    2. Use ADO to connect to SQL Server and retrieve data.
    3. Use Codeunit to manipulate the data we want.

Thanks all.
    Few years ago we were not existing and few years to come we would be in the grave! So what will benefit us in the grave?