Shipping letters in E-Ship (UPS integration)

Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
Is there a way to ship letters in E-Ship with UPS rates? It looks like even letters are shipped with the same rates small packages.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    When creating the package click on UPS Options
    On the UPC Options Page Card there is a UPS Packaging Type Choice.
    For me (General Tab)
    Choices:
      Unknown UPS Letter Package <==** Tube Pak None Bag Barrel Bolt Bundle Can Canister Coffin Crate Cylinder Drum Palletized Spool Roll Box Envelope Jumbo Box 25kg Box 10kg Box UPS Regular Mail Pak UPS Jumbo Mail Pak

I don't know if Nav shows the proper rate - It's a Lanham question about having every possible rate. But when the Text file is uploaded to UPS it doesn't send the systems prices. So "HOPEFULLY" by selecting UPS Package - when the bill comes UPS has charged you correctly.
    In fact we use a UPS auditing firm that checks our UPS bills against what we actually ship and if they find anything they take a percentage of the money gained. So it's really of no cost to us. We would have been out of that money if they didn't find it and it's a good incentive for them to dig deep and find errors.

I huge $100,000 error we were making was pack line scanning some orders but sometimes at the last second we would ship the order using a different carrier. We figured if the package never gets scanned then ups will never charge us. Well we were wrong for 3 years, It turns out that the end of the day data file we send UPS contained these packages.

I always assumed that these packages sit in there system & the second it's scanned anywhere in ups's system by driver or hub it becomes a "billable" package. If it never gets scanned 'say within a month' that's it's deleted from the system. Nope, they billed us for all of them even if they shipped it or not.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Savatage wrote:
    When creating the package click on UPS Options
    On the UPC Options Page Card there is a UPS Packaging Type Choice.
    For me (General Tab)
    Choices:
      Unknown UPS Letter Package <==** Tube Pak None Bag Barrel Bolt Bundle Can Canister Coffin Crate Cylinder Drum Palletized Spool Roll Box Envelope Jumbo Box 25kg Box 10kg Box UPS Regular Mail Pak UPS Jumbo Mail Pak

I don't know if Nav shows the proper rate - It's a Lanham question about having every possible rate. But when the Text file is uploaded to UPS it doesn't send the systems prices. So "HOPEFULLY" by selecting UPS Package - when the bill comes UPS has charged you correctly.

Nope, I selected Evelope, but it still uses the package rate... Perhaps this is a Lanham question.
    Perhaps when they think shipping it's packages not letters. That's what the mai's for :)

http://www.endicia.com The mail rates are getting better as the ups rates are getting worse.

Endicia & Galaxy Ship has allowed us to ship 500 packages a day via the US Mail.

Also they provide all Boxes FREE - They will even print your own logo on their boxes.
    They send us giant roll bins where we load out boxes and they provide a truck p/up everyday at 5pm. It's been a huge savings.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Yeah, I know there are other solutions to send letters. But the client is trying to streamline the process.
    GalaxyShip also has a read & write to the database to store all tracking numbers