Limit records in the body section

HazratiHazrati Member Posts: 8
Hi...
I have a report, my problem is how to make the body section, could accept records until 30 lines for example, it means record line number 31 have to be in the next page..

what i do before,
i increse the bottom margin, then i got the 30 lines record in the body section part however i have the calculation in the footer section,and this footer part have to print at the last page..

let say, i have 35 lines of records. 1st page, 30 lines of the records and 2nd page,5 lines of records so the end of the 2nd page there have should print the footer..
and what i get is...
the footer are print at the 3th pages and at inside the 3th pages there is no records

any other idea? :-k
inform me if you not understand...

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As you can see, make something like you want is little tricky in NAV. NAV is focused on "what to print" and not "how to print it". If you need this "predefined" count of lines, it is hard to do because on different printers it will work differently. You can try to use Integer table to make the line loop and print the data from there. But if you need grouping etc. it will be harder. There is no easy way than trying what to change and understand how the design is made (e.g. that space for footers is reserved before the system knows if the footer will be printed or not - it can lead to dilemma like "all lines are printed but when I add the footer, there is no space for all lines and I need to move some lines to next page - but in this case this is not last page and the footer will not be there but on the next page. But when I move the footer on next page, all lines fits into this first page..." - can you see the problem? 8) ).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    viewtopic.php?t=7884
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23649

for more try searching for NEWPAGE & not in the title only