How to find item application chain?

arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
Hi guys. I wonder if anyone had simmilar issue to this one. I have a report based on item ledger entry that is supposed to show three columns. The first is actual sales, which I get directly from "Sales Amount (Actual)", the second should be the direct cost of this saled item and the third the indirect cost of this saled item. The problem is, how to find the the very first source positive entry, which should be of type Purchase or Positive Adjustment. I checked the code on form 38, which opens a form showing the application entries, but these entries ar just a one level back, and are not always of type purchase they could also be correction of sales entries. But in order to get costs separated, I have to go back through aplication to the very first positive entry. Did anyone have similar issue? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Look for table 339. Try to understand it, there is all what you need to go through the tree...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
    Thanks, I already tried that, but considering all the possible scenarios of applications that isnt so simple... Well I know that this table is the key and underrstanding it would help me achieving the right result. I thought I am not the first one trying to do that, and hoped to get some more info about that. Thanks anyway :)